Edition: August 11, 2014: Issue 14-31
Issue 14-31: Highlights
Labour Force - British Columbia’s unemployment rate edged down 0.1 percentage points to 6.1% in July (seasonally adjusted), due chiefly to a decrease in the labour force (-0.4%).
Immigrant Population - Among the landed immigrant population aged 15 and older, the employment rate (3-month moving average, unadjusted) was 53.6% in July (down from 53.9% in July 2013).
Aboriginal Population - The employment rate (3-month moving average, unadjusted), among the Aboriginal adult population in B.C. (aged 15 and over) rose 2.2 percentage points from 55.8% in July 2013 to 58.0% in July 2014.
The Economy - The value of B.C.’s commodity exports increased 4.9% in June, driven by strong growth in shipments of energy products (+12.5%), metal and non-metallic mineral ores and products (+22.0%) and aircraft and other transportation equipment and parts (+16.5%).
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- The unemployment rate edged down 0.1 percentage points to 6.1% in July
- The value of commodity exports climbed 4.9% in June
- Planned spending on construction slipped 6.2% in June
Did You Know
The predawn hours of August 12 and 13 are expected to provide the best opportunities to view the annual Perseid meteor shower. Despite the presence of a bright full moon during these nights, it may be possible to observe up to 100 meteors per hour during peak viewing times. Data Source: NASA