Edition: August 12, 2013: Issue 32
Issue 13-32: Highlights
Labour Force - In July, 11,700 fewer people were employed in B.C., while the number of people participating in the labour force contracted slightly (-3,600).
The Economy - The value of B.C.’s commodity exports dropped 5.5% (seasonally adjusted) in June.
Housing - The value of building permits issued by B.C. municipalities rose 10.0% (seasonally adjusted) in June, after a 16.2% drop in May.
Safety - There were 185 avalanche-related deaths in British Columbia in the period between January 1st 1996 and June 13th, 2013, at an average of 10.3 deaths annually.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
- Wildlife Management Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- The unemployment rate in B.C. rose to 6.7% in July
- The value of B.C.’s commodity exports dropped 5.5% in June
- The average selling price of a new home in B.C. dipped 1.1% in June
Did You Know
Did you know… There are 3,330 light bulbs that outline the Parliament Buildings in Victoria. Data Source: Legislative Assembly of British Columbia