Edition: August 18, 2014: Issue 14-32
Issue 14-31: Highlights
Labour Force - British Columbia’s unemployment rate edged down 0.3 percentage points to 5.9% in July (seasonally adjusted), due chiefly to a decrease in the labour force (-0.4%).
Immigrant Population - Among the landed immigrant population aged 15 and older, the employment rate (3-month moving average, unadjusted) was 53.7% in July (down from 53.9% in July 2013).
Aboriginal Population - The employment rate (3-month moving average, unadjusted), among the Aboriginal adult population in B.C. (aged 15 and over) rose by 2.3 percentage points from 55.8% in July 2013 to 58.1% in July 2014.
The Economy - Total sales in the province’s manufacturing sector registered a 0.6% (seasonally adjusted) decline in June, following two consecutive months of gains.
Housing - British Columbia’s New Housing Price Index (NHPI) fell 1.5% (unadjusted) in June, continuing a trend of year-over-year decreases that began in February 2011.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- British Columbia’s unemployment rate fell 0.3 percentage points to 5.9% in July
- Manufacturing sales slipped 0.6% in June
- The total number of homes sold through MLS® increased 11.2% in July
Did You Know
In 2013, a total of 21,968 marriages were recorded in British Columbia, a 1.3% reduction from the previous year. Nearly a quarter of all marriages in 2013 took place during the month of August (23%), whereas the fewest number of marriages were held during January (3%). Data Source: BC Vital Statistics Agency