Edition: August 19, 2013: Issue 33
Issue 13-33: Highlights
The Economy - Manufacturing sales in British Columbia fell 4.5% (seasonally adjusted) in June following a 1.4% rise in the previous month.
Housing - Housing starts in British Columbia saw a moderate increase (+4.5%, seasonally ad-justed) in July following a double digit rise in June (+38.7%).
Emergency Management - There were 6,715 fires reported to the Fire Commissioner in British Columbia in 2012, which resulted in 264 injuries and 23 deaths.
Insolvency - There were 1,168 insolvencies registered in British Columbia in May, an increase of 4.9% over the previous month and 9.0% over the same month of 2012.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
- Wildlife Management Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Manufacturing shipments in B.C. dropped 4.5% in June
- Housing starts in B.C. increased moderately (+4.5%) in July
- Residential home sales in B.C. rose 18.0% in July
Did You Know
Did you know… In May 2013, B.C. elected 29 female MLAs (34%) of the 85, the highest share historically and higher than any other Canadian province. Data source: The Vancouver Sun