Issue 13-34: Highlights
Prices - B.C.’s Consumer Price Index (CPI) was un-changed in July compared to the same month of 2012, as downward pressure eased following three straight months of declines, which were partly due to the elimination of the HST on April 1st.
The Economy - Retail sales in British Columbia rose 1.3% (seasonally adjusted) in June, building on a 0.4% gain registered in May.
Labour - The number of British Columbians receiving regular Employment Insurance (EI) benefits fell to 50,530 (–0.5%, seasonally adjusted) in June.
Waste Management - There were approximately 2.7 million tonnes of non-hazardous waste disposed of at public and private waste facilities in British Columbia in 2010, a decline of 5.5% from the volume in 2008.
Travel - The number of traveller entries to Canada via B.C. increased at the highest rate among all provinces (+2.3%, seasonally adjusted) in June.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
- Wildlife Management Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- There was no change in the Consumer Price Index in B.C. in July
- Retail sales in B.C inched up 1.3% in June
- Visitor entries to Canada via B.C. climbed 2.3% in June
Did You Know
The Vancouver-based site, Plenty of Fish, is one of the most popular online dating websites in the world, with over 2 billion page views monthly. Data source: POF Blog (April 2012)