Edition: August 5, 2014: Issue 14-30
Issue 14-30: Highlights
The Economy - Average weekly payroll earnings in British Columbia remained steady (seasonally adjusted, including overtime) in May, following four consecutive months of increases.
The Nation - Canada’s Industrial Product Price Index (IPPI) rose 3.0% in June, marking the eighth consecutive month of year-over-year increases.
Wildlife - British Columbia conservation officers received 3,210 reports of cougar sightings in 2013/14, a 10.9% increase over the previous fiscal year.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Average weekly payroll earnings in British Columbia remained steady in May
- Sawmills registered an 8.3% decline in the volume of lumber produced in May
- Conservation officers received 3,210 reports of cougar sightings in 2013/14, a 10.9% increase over the previous fiscal year
Did You Know
In 2013, 91% of sailings throughout the BC Ferries system departed on time (within 10 minutes of scheduled sailing times). Of the sailings that were late, over half of the delays (53%) were due to heavy traffic, while a quarter of late sailings (25%) were the result of procedural issues (i.e., marine traffic, accommodating passengers, fueling, Transport Canada required drills). Data Source: BC Ferries