Edition: August 6, 2013: Issue 31
Issue 13-31: Highlights
The Economy - Gross sales of gasoline (on which road taxes were paid) in British Columbia declined 1.2% in 2012, to 4.7 million litres.
Tourism - The traveller accommodation services price index in British Columbia rose 4.9% (2012/01=100) in June, compared to the same month of 2012.
Science & Technology - Federal expenditure on science & technol-ogy and its components totalled $886 mil-lion in 2011/2012 (–4.1%).
Crime - There were 11,979 police-reported incidents of fraud in British Columbia in 2012, down 2.4% from 2011.
The Nation - Canada’s gross domestic product (GDP) edged up 0.2% (seasonally adjusted, 2007 chained dollars) to $1.6 billion dollars in May.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
- Wildlife Management Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- The volume of gasoline sold in B.C. declined 1.2% in 2012
- Receipts at B.C.’s food services and drinking places increased 6.0% in May
- The B.C. traveller accommodation services price index rose 4.9% in June
Did You Know
In British Columbia, 24% of 18 to 34 year olds with a valid driver’s license have served as the designated driver for friends and family “all of the time” over the past three years. Source: Iposos Reid
@BCStats on Twitter
- In 2011, 76.9% of commuters in British Columbia travelled via truck, car, or van. Those who drove alone accounted for 63.5% of all commuters
- Police-reported crimes in British Columbia fell 3.0% in 2012
Follow @BCStats on Twitter