Edition: December 1, 2014: Issue 14-47
Issue 14-47: Highlights
The Economy - The Canadian economy continued to expand, growing 0.7% (real GDP at market prices, seasonally adjusted) in the third quarter after posting a second-quarter increase of 0.9%.
Food Services - Sales at food services and drinking places in B.C. fell 1.3% in September to $747 million (seasonally adjusted).
Payroll employment, earnings and hours - Average weekly earnings of non-farm payroll employees in B.C. dipped 0.3% to $897.42 (seasonally adjusted) in September.
Retail trade - Retailers in British Columbia reported a 0.5% gain in September (seasonally adjusted), to $5.6 billion.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC International Student Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- HealthLink BC and Seniors Advocate Survey 2014
- Leveraging WES 2013: Learning from the Best
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Stress and Health Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- The Canadian economy expanded 0.7% during the third quarter
- Sales at food services and drinking places in B.C. slipped 1.3% in September
- Retail sales in B.C. were up 0.5% in September
Did You Know
A large majority of employed former post-secondary students in B.C. say the knowledge and skills they learned were useful performing their job? Check it out on the Student Outcomes Executive Dashboard.