Edition: December 11, 2017
Infoline Highlights: Coverage for the week of December 4-8
Building Permits - The value of building permits dropped 7.3% (seasonally adjusted) in October from the previous month. Increases in permits for commercial (+16.2%) and industrial (+8.6%) projects were offset by decreases for residential (‑12.9%) and institutional (‑7.1%) buildings.
Read more >>
Exports - The value of B.C. origin exports jumped 15.1% in the first ten months of 2017, compared to the January to October period a year earlier. There was growth to most major destinations, including B.C.’s two largest export markets, the United States (+7.2%) and Mainland China (+10.9%). There was also double-digit growth to Japan (+27.4%), South Korea (+50.5%), the European Union (+36.5%), India (+49.2%), Taiwan (+25.3) and Hong Kong (+12.3%).
Read more >>
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Canada-BC Job Grant Outcomes Survey
- Camosun College 2017 Employee Engagement Survey
- Capilano 2017 Employee Engagement Survey
- Elections BC Voters List Quality Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Labour Market Agreement for Persons with Disabilities Outcome Survey
- Local Food Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- New Job Survey
- Simon Fraser University Employee Engagement Survey
- SDSI LMAPD Monthly Survey 2016-17
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
Did You Know
British Columbia sold $161 million environmental and clean technology goods in 2015, behind Ontario and Quebec. 42.5% ($68 million) of B.C.'s revenues were generated through sales of smart grid and energy storage technologies.
Source: Statistics Canada
- The value of B.C.'s building permits dropped in October from the month before.
- B.C.'s exports rose between January and October compared to the same period the previous year.