Edition: December 2, 2013: Issue 48
Issue 13-48: Highlights
Population - As of July 1, 2013, the median age of the B.C. population was 41.7 years.
The Economy - Wages, salaries and benefits in British Columbia continued to grow at a modest pace, rising 0.6% (seasonally adjusted) in the third quarter, after posting stronger growth (+1.1%) at the beginning of the year.
Postsecondary Enrolment - During the 2011/2012 academic year, 269,898 students enrolled in postsecondary institutions in British Columbia, an increase of 1.2% from the previous year.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Median age reaches 41.7 years in July
- Wages, salaries and benefits in the province rise 0.6% in the third quarter
- Investment in new residential buildings down for a seventh straight month
Did You Know
In 2012, British Columbia exported 4,897 Christmas trees, a mere fraction of the 1.6 million Canadian Christmas trees exported in that year. Data Source: Statistics Canada