Edition: December 9, 2013: Issue 49
Issue 13-49: Highlights
Labour Force - British Columbia’s unemployment rate increased 0.2 percentage points to 6.7% (seasonally adjusted) in November as employment in the province fell 0.4% (-8,200) while the labour force shrank 0.2% (-5,900).
The Economy - The value of B.C.’s commodity exports edged down 0.6% (seasonally adjusted) in October.
Prevalence of Disability - Fifteen percent (546,760) of British Columbians aged 15 and over reported being limited in their daily activities due to a disability in 2012.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Unemployment rate rises to 6.7% in November
- Exports edge down 0.6% in October
- Fifteen percent of British Columbians reported disabilities that limit daily activities in 2012
Did You Know
In 2010, an estimated 81 million tonnes of biomass (crops, livestock and poultry, milk, maple products, forestry and fisheries) were extracted for human use in British Columbia. That’s 28% of the Canadian total (286 million tonnes). Data Source: Statistics Canada