Edition: February 24, 2014: Issue 8
Issue 14-08: Highlights
Prices - British Columbia’s overall price level held steady for the second month in a row in January.
The Economy - Sales by retailers in the province fell 2.1% (seasonally adjusted) in December.
Tourism - Traveller entries to the province fell 2.9% (seasonally adjusted) in December, with fewer visitors crossing the border into British Columbia from the US (-2.2%) and other countries (-5.1%).
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Harvest Questionnaire
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- British Columbia’s price level unchanged in January
- Retail sales slip 2.1% in December but increase 1.8% during 2013
- Investment in new housing down 1.5% in 2013, falling for the first time since 2009
Did You Know
Ninety-two percent of British Columbians aged 25 to 64 had a high school diploma in 2011, more than in any other province. The Canadian rate (89%) was significantly higher than the 75% average for the OECD. Data Source: Statistics Canada