Edition: January 6-10, 2019
Infoline Highlights for the Week of January 6-10
Labour Force Survey - The unemployment rate in British Columbia was 4.8% in December, down 0.2 percentage points from November and up 0.4 percentage points from 12 months ago. Overall in December, the labour force contracted (‑14,700) and there were fewer jobs (‑7,700).
Read more >>
Exports - The value of B.C. origin commodity exports fell 6.7% in the first 11 months of 2019, compared to the same period a year earlier. There was a decline in exports to most of B.C.’s major trading partners, including the United States (-4.5%), Mainland China (-1.0%), Japan (‑15.6%), South Korea (-8.6%), the European Union (‑15.5%) and Taiwan (-15.0%).
Read more >>
- B.C.’s agriculture and food products exports increased 10.2% between January and November 2019 over the same period in 2018, due in part to strong growth in vegetables exports (+18.0%).
Follow @BCStats on Twitter
- Active Transportation Strategy Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Public Service New Job Survey
- BC Student Outcomes Survey of Apprenticeship and Trades Training Students
- BC Student Outcomes Survey of Baccalaureate Graduates
- BC Student Outcomes Survey of Diploma, Associate Degree and Certificate Students
- BC Wildfire Service Auxiliary Work Environment
- Capilano University Employee Engagement
- City of Victoria Business Survey
- Fraser Basin Council Non-Residential Flood Vulnerability
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- OCIO ES Client Satisfaction Survey
- Workforce Development Agreement Outcomes
- Workforce Development Agreement Employer Outcomes
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current Surveys page.
Did You Know
in 2019, B.C. saw the average price of a home drop 1.6% from 2018, although this was due to housing prices in just three areas - Greater Vancouver (-5.9%), the Fraser Valley (-3.5%), and Victoria (-1.7%).
- B.C.'s unemployment rate dipped slightly in December.
- The value of B.C.'s exports decreased between January and November 2019, compared to the same period in 2018.