Edition: January 6, 2014: Issue 1
Issue 14-01: Highlights
Population - British Columbia’s population was estimated at 4,606,375 as of October 1, 2013, growing by just over 24,000 persons in the third quarter of 2013 (+0.53%).
Prices - The year-over-year change in the province’s consumer price index (CPI) was -0.2% in November.
The Economy - After registering increases in each of the two previous months, growth in retail sales in British Columbia stalled (seasonally adjusted) in October.
The Nation - Economic activity expanded 0.3% (seasonally adjusted) in October, with gross domestic product (GDP) increasing in both the goods (+0.4%) and services (+0.3%) sectors.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- B.C.’s population surpasses 4.6 million during the third quarter
- Consumer prices in B.C. dip 0.2% in November
- Growth in retail sales stalls in October
Did You Know
In 2012, B.C.’s homicide rate dropped to 1.54 per 100,000 persons. This was lowest homicide rate recorded in B.C. since data collection began in 1961. Data Source: Statistics Canada