Edition: January 7, 2019
Infoline Highlights: Coverage for the week of December 31-January 4
Labour Force Statistics - The unemployment rate in British Columbia was 4.4% in December, unchanged from November and down 0.2 percentage points from 12 months ago. The labour force (+4,200) and employment (+4,400) increased from November. They also grew over the previous 12 months, with employment up by 43,700 and an additional 40,300 in the labour force.
Read more >>
- Baccalaureate Graduates Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Public Service New Job Survey
- Canada-BC Job Grant Outcomes Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
Did You Know
The ski industry accounts for nearly 10% of B.C.'s total tourism revenue. Most people are familiar with Whistler-Blackcomb, which sees over 3 million visitors each year, but there are over 40 ski resorts in B.C., meaning ski tourist dollars are dispersed across the province.Source: Destination BC
- B.C.'s unemployment rate in December remained the same as the month before.