Edition: July 15, 2013: Issue 28
Issue 13-28: Highlights
Housing - Housing starts in the province surged (+38.0%, seasonally adjusted) in June, the largest increase in the country.
National Household Survey - Of the total workforce (employed and those who worked since January 1, 2010) in British Columbia in 2011, 10.6% had no certificate, diploma or degree, while 27.7% had a high school diploma as their highest level of education.
Research & Development - The estimated value of research and development (R&D) expenditures in the higher education sector in B.C. increased to $1.4 billion (+3.9%, 2007 constant prices) in the 2011/2012 academic year.
Crime - There were 1,332 police-reported hate crimes in Canada in 2011, a 5% reduction over the number of incidents recorded in 2010.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Assessment Employee Engagement Survey 2013
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Commuity Living British Columbia (CLBC) Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Healthy Eating Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Ministry of Environment Workplace Motivation Survey
- Rural Taxpayers Services Survey
- Transportation Investment Corporation (TI Corp) Work Environment Survey 2013
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Housing starts in B.C. surged 38.0% in June
- The New Housing Price Index in B.C. dipped 0.8% in May
- Research & Development spending in B.C.’s higher education sector increased 3.9% in 2011/2012
Did You Know
The proportion of households in B.C. who participate in some form of composting activities was 64% in 2011, up from 38% in 1994. Source: Statistics Canada
@BCStats on Twitter
- In 2011, 42.8% of the B.C. population lived at a different address than in 2006. Read more in Infoline: bcstats.gov.bc.ca/Publi...
- British Columbia’s commodity #exports climbed 3.3% in May – read more in the May 2013 issue of Exports: bcstats.gov.bc.ca/Publi...
- BC's unemployment rate decreased 0.5 percentage points to 6.3% - read Labour Force Statistics Highlights: bcstats.gov.bc.ca/Stat...
Follow @BCStats on Twitter