Edition: July 22, 2013: Issue 29
Issue 13-29: Highlights
Prices - Prices in B.C. fell (–0.5%) in June for the third straight month.
The Economy - Sales of goods manufactured in the province were up 1.6% (seasonally adjusted) in May, offsetting a 0.4% decline in the previous month.
Travel - The number of traveller entries to Canada via B.C. rose (+1.0%, seasonally adjusted) in May, for the first time since January.
Labour - The number of British Columbians receiving regular Employment Insurance (EI) benefits fell 1.9% (seasonally adjusted) to 50,930 in May.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
- Wildlife Management Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Consumer prices in B.C. fell 0.5% in June
- Manufacturing sales in B.C. increased 1.6% in May
- Investment in non-residential building construction in B.C. rose 13.3% in the second quarter
Did You Know
The population of grizzly bears in B.C. was estimated at 15,075 in 2012. Source: Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations
@BCStats on Twitter
- British Columbia’s commodity #exports climbed 3.3% in May – read more in the May 2013 issue of Exports: bcstats.gov.bc.ca/Publi...
- BC's unemployment rate decreased 0.5 percentage points to 6.3% - read Labour Force Statistics Highlights: bcstats.gov.bc.ca/Stat...
- BC Labour Force Statistics - June 2013 data files (PDF and XLS) posted bcstats.gov.bc.ca/Publi... … #opendata
Follow @BCStats on Twitter