Issue 14-23: Highlights
The Economy - The province’s manufacturing sector registered a 2.8% (seasonally adjusted) rise in total sales in April, following a 0.6% decrease in March.
Housing - Housing starts in British Columbia advanced 11.9% (seasonally adjusted) in May, entirely recovering ground lost (-5.1%) in the previous month.
Population - The dependency ratio (the ratio of dependents for every 100 people in the working age population) in B.C. climbed to 59.7 in 2013, up from 58.9 in 2012.
The Nation - Canadian industries operated at 82.5% of productive capacity during the first quarter of 2014, a slight increase (+0.3 percentage points) over the fourth quarter of the previous year.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Lean BC Cultural Awareness Survey
- Transportation Investment Corporation Work Environment Survey 2014
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- The province’s manufacturing sector registered a 2.8% rise in total sales in April
- Housing starts advanced 11.9% in May
- Canadian industries operated at 82.5% of productive capacity in first quarter of 2014
Did You Know
British Columbia has the second largest parks system in Canada, after Canada’s National Parks, and includes 10,700 vehicle accessible campsites and approximately 2,000 walk in campsites. Data Source: B.C. Ministry of Environment