Issue 14-24: Highlights
Prices - British Columbia’s consumer price index (CPI) climbed 1.5% in May, compared to the same month of the previous year.
The Economy - Retailers in British Columbia saw sales climb 1.3% (seasonally adjusted) in April, following a 1.8% increase in the previous month.
Health - An estimated 361,300 people in B.C. suffered from migraine in 2010/2011, approximately 8.3% of the province’s population.
Tourism - Traveller entries to B.C. rose 0.8% (seasonally adjusted) in April, the second increase in as many months.
Population - British Columbia’s population was estimated at 4,624,321 as of April 1, 2014, growing by 14,375 persons in the first quarter of 2014 (+0.3%).
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Transportation Investment Corporation Work Environment Survey 2014
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- British Columbia’s consumer price index climbed 1.5% in May
- Retail sales rose 1.3% in May, adding to a 1.8% increase in the previous month
- Approximately 8.3% of the population have been diagnosed with migraine
Did You Know
The top flavours for ice cream in Canada are vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, butterscotch, caramel, coffee, mint chocolate chip, and maple walnut. Data Source: Canadian Dairy Information Centre