Edition: March 17, 2014: Issue 11
Issue 14-11: Highlights
The Economy - Housing starts in urban centres in British Columbia fell 11.8% (seasonally adjusted) in February.
Legal Aid - Legal aid plans in British Columbia received revenues of $83.5 million in 2012/2013, an increase of 3.5% from the previous period.
UFO Sightings - There were 298 sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) in British Columbia in 2013, down one-quarter (−25.3%) from the previous year.
The Nation - Businesses in Canada operated at 82.0% of productive capacity during the fourth quarter, slightly higher than the 81.2% rate of utilization during the third quarter.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Harvest Questionnaire
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- The number of new housing starts dropped 11.8% in February
- Sales of new motor vehicles slump 4.4% in January
- Sightings of UFOs in B.C. fall by 25.3% in 2013
Did You Know
In 2013, on average, a reported UFO encounter was 13.5 minutes in length. Data Source: Ufology Research