Edition: March 3, 2014: Issue 9
Issue 14-09: Highlights
The Economy - Labour income earned by workers in B.C. rose 3.9% in 2013.
Financial Security - Adjusted for inflation, median net worth (assets less debts) of family units in British Columbia was $344,000 in 2012, up 51.4% from 2005.
Shelters for Abused Women - In 2012, there were 11,945 women and 4,685 children admitted to transition homes and other shelters in British Columbia.
The Nation - Canada’s gross domestic product (GDP) expanded 2.0% in 2013.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Harvest Questionnaire
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- In 2013, workers’ wages rose 3.9% in B.C.
- Investment in physical capital in B.C. is expected to remain unchanged in 2014
- Economic activity in Canada climbs 2.0% in 2013
Did You Know
In 2011, there were 715 deaths caused by Alzheimer’s disease in British Columbia accounting for 11% of total Canadian deaths attributed to the disease. Source: Statistics Canada