Edition: March 31, 2014
Issue 14-13: Highlights
The Economy - Lumber production at B.C. sawmills was up 1.3% in January, compared to the same month a year earlier.
Education - Universities and degree-granting colleges in British Columbia posted a 5.4% drop in revenue during the 2011/2012 academic year.
Charitable Donations - Twenty-one percent of taxfilers in British Columbia reported making charitable donations in 2012.
RRSP Contributions - The total value of registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) contributions made by British Columbians in 2012 was $4.5 billion.
Police Personnel and Expenditures - There were 8,856 police officers in British Columbia as of May 15, 2013, a rate of 193 per 100,000 population.
Performing Arts - Performing arts organizations in the province earned revenues of $145.6 million in 2012.
Engineering Services - Operating revenues earned by British Columbia engineering firms were $3.6 billion in 2012, up 8.8% from the previous year.
Innovation and Business Strategy - In 2012, most (56%) Canadian businesses said they promoted employees based on their efforts and abilities.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Harvest Questionnaire
- Legal Services Society of BC Work Environment Survey 2014
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- B.C. taxfilers reported $1.3 billion in charitable donations, and $4.5 billion in RRSP contributions, in 2012
- B.C.’s police force stands at 8,856 in 2013; women make up 22% of total force
- Thirty-five percent of B.C. taxfilers report investment income in 2012
Did You Know
There were 1,907 female police officers in British Columbia in 2013. Data Source: Statistics Canada