Edition: May 20, 2014: Issue 19
Issue 14-19: Highlights
The Economy - Sales of goods manufactured in the province edged down 0.6% (seasonally adjusted) in March, marking the second decline in as many months.
Housing - The number of residential multiple listing service (MLS) sales in April jumped 12.2% (unadjusted) over the same month in the previous year.
Justice and Crime - The total number of adult offenders incarcerated in a provincial corrections facility in British Columbia dropped to 2,498 (-5.2%) in fiscal year 2012/13.
The Nation - Canadian investment in foreign securities rose 17.0% to $887.3 billion at year end in 2012.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Harvest Questionnaire
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Sales of goods manufactured in B.C. edged down 0.6% in March
- Residential MLS sales in April jumped 12.2% over the same month in 2013
- The total number of adult offenders a B.C. provincial corrections facility dropped 5.2% in 2012/13
Did You Know
The proportion of B.C. workers who commute to work by bicycle increased 0.1 percentage points between 2006 and 2011, from 2.0% to 2.1%. Data Source: Statistics Canada