Issue 14-20: Highlights
Prices - British Columbia’s consumer price index (CPI) climbed 1.5% in April, relative to the same month in 2013.
Economy - Retailers in British Columbia saw revenues rise 1.1% (seasonally adjusted) in March, following a 0.6% decline in the previous month.
Road Safety - There were 280 motor vehicle fatalities in B.C. in 2012, 4.1% fewer than in the previous year and the lowest number since 1996.
Tourism - Traveller entries to B.C. rose 0.4% (seasonally adjusted) in March, due to more visitors crossing the border from countries other than the U.S. (+1.8%).
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Skills Connect for Immigrants Program (SCI) Evaluation Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Harvest Questionnaire
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Lean BC Cultural Awareness Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- British Columbia’s consumer price index climbed 1.5% in April
- Retail sales rose 1.1% in March, following a 0.6% decline in the previous month
- There were 280 motor vehicle fatalities in B.C. in 2012
Did You Know
Three-quarters of parents believe their children would rather play online and with video games than with traditional toys. This sentiment is significantly more likely to be held by Millennial Parents than either Gen X or Boomer parents. Data Source: Ipsos Reid