Edition: November 18, 2013: Issue 46
Issue 13-46: Highlights
The Economy - The value of B.C.'s commodity exports dipped 2.2% (seasonally adjusted) in September as a 5.5% drop in exports to countries other than the U.S. more than offset a 1.8% boost in shipments to the United States.
Softwood Lumber - British Columbia is the country’s largest lumber-producing province, accounting for 54% of total Canadian softwood lumber production in 2012.
Aquaculture - The value of aquaculture production in the province fell 14.1% in 2012, dropping from $465.0 million to $399.6 million.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- 360° Tool
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Exports slip 2.2% in September
- Manufacturing sales rise 2.3% in September
- Aquaculture production down 14.1% in 2012
Did You Know
California is the largest market for farmed Atlantic salmon, with Canadian exports to the state valued at $180.2 million in 2012. Data Source: Statistics Canada