Edition: November 3, 2014: Issue 14-43
Issue 14-43: Highlights
The Economy - Average weekly payroll earnings in British Columbia advanced 0.7% (seasonally adjusted, including overtime) in August, adding to a 0.5% rise in the previous month.
Education - In 2013, more than seven in ten B.C. children (72%) aged 17 and under had savings set aside for their post-secondary education, a larger proportion than for the average Canadian child (68%).
Apprenticeships - Currently in B.C, there are more than 100 trades for which apprenticeship training is available, offering career opportunities in a diverse range of occupations.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- Financial Management Framework Review Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- SSBC Tenant Satisfaction Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Average weekly payroll earnings advanced 0.7% in August
- Sales at food services and drinking places climbed 1.8% in August
- Seven in ten B.C. children had savings set aside for post-secondary education in 2013
Did You Know
In 2013, the total rainfall in Vancouver reached 904.4 mm, the third lowest amount in the past 25 years. Between 1989 and 2014, the greatest amount of annual rainfall in Vancouver was recorded in 1997 (1,513.8 mm), whereas the lowest level occurred in 1993 (831.8 mm). Data Source: Environment Canada