Edition: October 13, 2015
Infoline Highlights: Coverage for week of October 5 - 9
Labour Force Survey - In September, employment in B.C. increased by 12,400 jobs compared to August. However, the unemployment rate climbed 0.3 percentage points to 6.3% as more people entered the labour force (+20,100) than found jobs.Read more >>
Exports - The value of B.C.’s commodity exports fell 2.8% in August. This was driven largely by a 15.3% slump in shipments of energy products and a 35.8% drop in exports of farm, fishing and intermediate food products.Read more >>
Building Permits - The value of building permits issued by municipalities in B.C. slumped 21.2% (seasonally adjusted) in August, reversing a boost recorded in July (+20.8%).Read more >>
Regional Building Permits -The value of building permits issued by British Columbia municipalities during the period from January to August was 25.1% higher (unadjusted for seasonality) than in the first eight months of 2014. The value of permits rose in most regions, with the sharpest increase seen in Mainland/Southwest (+33.4%).Read more >>
New Housing Prices - British Columbia’s new housing price index was 1.2% higher in August than in the same month of 2014. This marked the fifth straight monthly increase after a 50-month-long decline that began in early 2011.Read more >>
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Public Service Work Environment Survey 2015
- BC Wildfire Service Work Environment Survey 2015
- Canada-BC Job Grant Outcomes Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Liquor Distribution Branch Work Environment Survey 2015
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Root Cause Analysis Intercept Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- B.C. unemployment rate inches up to 6.3% in September.
- Value of B.C. exports 0.9% higher year-to-date in August relative to the same period in 2014.
- Value of building permits issued in B.C. down 21.2% in August.
- Value of building permits issued by B.C. municipalities between January and August 25.1% higher than in the first eight months of 2014.
- Province's new housing price index 1.2% higher in August than in the same month of 2014.
Did You Know?
Nearly all (90%) of Canadians say that a label should be placed on all food sold in Canada that are genetically modified or contains genetically modified ingredients.Source: Ipsos Canada.