Edition: October 28, 2013: Issue 43
Issue 13-43: Highlights
The Economy - Retailers in British Columba saw revenues rise 0.6% (seasonally adjusted) in August, reclaiming ground lost (−0.3%) in July.
Job Vacancies - There were 29,600 (three-month moving average) job vacancies in British Columbia in July 2013, down 11.1% from a reported 33,300 vacancies in July 2012.
Road Safety - In 2012, there were approximately 260,000 reported automobile crashes in British Columba, unchanged from the previous year.
Crime - The Royal Canadian Mounted Police’s Na-tional DNA Data Bank, established in 2000, contains 367,653 DNA profiles.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Public Servive Work Environment Survey 2013
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Liquor Distribution Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Multi-Topic Questionnaire 2013
- 360° Tool
- Voter List Quality Study
- Wildfire Management Branch - 2013 Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Retail sales increase 0.6% in August
- Province’s wholesale sector registers 2.5% increase in August
- B.C.’s commercial seafood harvest sinks 13.7% in 2012
Did You Know
In 2012, there were 15,000 vehicle break-ins reported in British Columbia. The most common items stolen included: smartphones, other personal electronics, and work tools. Data Source: Insurance Corporation of British Columbia