Edition: October 7, 2013: Issue 40
Issue 13-40: Highlights
The Economy - Receipts at British Columbia’s food services and drinking places rose 0.3% (seasonally adjusted) in July.
Transportation Safety - In 2012, a total of 54 aviation accidents were reported to the Transportation Safety Board (TSB) in British Columbia, up from 43 accidents the previous year.
The Nation - Total economic activity in Canada rose 0.6% (seasonally adjusted) in July, bouncing back from a 0.5% decrease during the previous month.
2011 Census Net Undercoverage
The 2011 Census required the participation of the entire population of Canada, approximately 34 million people distributed over an area of nine million square kilometres. Although every effort is made to conduct an accurate Census, it is not error free. With every Census, Statistics Canada evaluates its accuracy by identifying errors and measuring them, otherwise known as Census Coverage Studies. This article will discuss the results of the 2011 evaluation.
There are two types of census coverage error. Population undercoverage refers to the error of excluding someone who should have been enumerated. For example, a student living away from home neglects to include himself on the census form at his new address while his parents don’t include him at his old address. Population overcoverage refers to the error of either enumerating someone more than once or including someone who should not have been enumerated. For example, a child who is in shared custody; if each parent includes the child on their census form this will result in a case of overcoverage.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Public Servive Work Environment Survey 2013
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Liquor Distribution Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Multi-Topic Questionnaire 2013
- 360° Tool
- Voter List Quality Study
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- Sales for food services and drinking places up 0.3% in July
- B.C. coal output falls 11.4% in July
- Canadian GDP climbs 0.6% in July
Did You Know
In 2012, there were 9,540 counterfeit Canadian bank notes passed in British Columbia. Approximately one-fifth (21%) of all counterfeit cash was passed in B.C. Data Source: RCMP National Anti-Counterfeiting Bureau