Edition: September 30, 2013: Issue 39
Issue 13-39: Highlights
Population - At July 1, 2013, British Columbia’s estimated population was 4,581,978, up 0.9% from the previous year.
The Economy - Retailers in British Columbia saw total sales edge 0.1% (seasonally adjusted) lower in July compared to June.
Work Absenteeism - In 2012, British Columbians who had full-time employment were absent from their place of work an average of 10.0 days due to personal reasons.
Deaths - In 2011, British Columbia’s infant mortality rate remained unchanged at 3.8 deaths per 1,000 live births.
The Nation - Tourism spending in Canada rose 0.3% (constant 2007 dollars; seasonally adjusted) during the second quarter of 2013 after stalling in the previous quarter.
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- BC Public Servive Work Environment Survey 2013
- BC Transit Work Environment Survey 2013
- Developmental Student Outcomes (DEVSO) Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Liquor Distribution Branch Work Environment Survey 2013
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
- Multi-Topic Questionnaire 2013
- 360° Tool
- Voter List Quality Study
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- B.C.’s population rises to 4,581,978 at July 1, 2013
- Retail sales dips 0.1% in July
- Workers in B.C. missed an average 10.0 days of work in 2012
Did You Know
There were 688,715 seniors enumerated in British Columbia during the 2011 census, accounting for 16% of the total provincial population. National Seniors Day is October 1. Data Source: Statistics Canada