Edition: September 8, 2015: Issue 15-26
Issue 15-26: Highlights
Exports - The value of B.C.’s commodity exports inched up 0.1% in July. Strong growth in special transactions trade (+136.9%) and energy products (+3.4%) helped offset substantial declines in shipments of metal and non-metallic mineral products (-11.0%), metal ores and non-metallic minerals (-7.7%) and farm, fishing and intermediate food products (-7.1%).
Labour Force Survey - In August, employment in B.C. increased by 3,100 jobs from July. The unemployment rate was unchanged at 6.0% since more people entered the labour force than found jobs.Read full edition >>
- Apprenticeship Student Outcomes (APPSO) Survey
- Baccalaureate Graduate Survey
- BC Hydro Workforce Profile Survey
- BC International Student Survey
- BC Labour Market Agreement Outcomes Survey
- BC Public Service Exit Survey
- Diploma, Associate Degree, and Certificate Student Outcomes (DACSO) Survey
- FrontCounter BC Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Application Process Survey
You can read more about any of these by visiting our Current and Recent Surveys page.
- The value of B.C.’s exports was relatively flat (+0.1%) in July.
- B.C.’s unemployment rate remained at 6.0% in August.
Did You Know
INFOLINE IS CHANGING! Beginning September 8th, the Infoline blog will be updated more frequently. In order to better accommodate public, media and government needs, we will now provide a timely overview of information as it becomes available. The Infoline Newsletter will continue to be sent out on a weekly basis and will include a summary of all the releases reported in the blog from the previous week.