Edition: Volume 6 Issue 3
Volume 6/ Issue 3/ April 2015
Welcome to the e-Newsletter
Inside this issue
- Message from Parliamentary Secretary Dr. Darryl Plecas
- The 39th Annual BC Elders Gathering
- New Horizons for Seniors Funding Program Update
- Office of the Seniors Advocate Update
- Profiles: Elders Share their Secrets to Aging Well
- Recipe: Salmon Loaf
Message from Parliamentary Secretary Dr. Darryl PlecasEach month, we see campaigns dedicated to raising awareness about issues and causes close to many British Columbians, such as Heart Month, the Canadian Cancer Society’s Daffodil Month, and World AIDS Day. Read more.
New Horizons for Seniors Funding Program Update
On March 27, 2015, the Honourable Alice Wong, Canada’s Minister of State (Seniors), announced that a call for proposals for pan-Canadian projects funded through the New Horizons for Seniors Program will be launched in mid-May 2015 and be open for six weeks. Read more.
Office of the Seniors Advocate Update
In March 2015, the Office of the Seniors Advocate released Bridging the Gaps, a report on the results of a survey of B.C. seniors conducted in late 2014. Read more.