Due to a system error, some rural taxpayers have not received their 2015 property taxation notices. The affected areas are:
- Columbia-Shuswap Regional District - Electoral Areas C, D, E & F
- North Okanagan Regional District - Electoral Area F
- Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine - Jurisdiction 792 - Electoral Area A
- University Endowment Lands
New tax notices with an extended payment deadline of 38 days from the date of issue are being sent out to these taxpayers. The same extension will be granted to these taxpayers for Home Owner Grant applications.
Affected taxpayers will not be subject to a late payment penalty if they pay their property taxes by the extended deadline.
- More information about rural area property taxes: http://ow.ly/OciRa
- More information about the Home Owner Grant: gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant
Director of Communications
Ministry of Finance