Ten new DriveBC web cams are now live on the Lougheed Highway, giving motorists a real-time view of weather and road conditions on this major commuter route from Coquitlam to Maple Ridge.
The new webcams are located at:
* Highway 7B/Maryhill Bypass at Shaughnessy Street looking west.
* Highway 7B/Maryhill Bypass at Shaughnessy Street looking east.
* Lougheed Highway at Harris Road, looking west.
* Lougheed Highway at Harris Road, looking east.
* Lougheed Highway at Harris Road, looking north.
* Lougheed Highway at Harris Road, looking south.
* Lougheed Highway looking west at Dewdney Trunk Road/Maple Meadows Way.
* Lougheed Highway looking east at Dewdney Trunk Road/Maple Meadows Way.
* Lougheed Highway looking south onto Maple Meadows Way (Dewdney Trunk Road).
* Lougheed Highway looking north onto Dewdney Trunk Road.
These new cameras are in addition to 30 new webcams announced earlier this summer, bringing the number of webcam images available on DriveBC to more than 260 by the end of the year. All are expected to be installed and operating by winter.
Priority for new web cameras is given to routes prone to extreme weather or traffic congestion, and for sites where there is not already a nearby webcam.
DriveBC provides timely road condition updates, travel advisories, road closure information for provincial highways, weather information and other important links to the travelling public to help ensure easier, safer trips.
Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Blair Lekstrom -
"The Lougheed Highway is one of this region's busiest and most congested roads. These new webcams will let regular users and other travellers check for alternate routes and plan ahead for a safe trip."
- DriveBC is the government of B.C.'s most popular website.
- Government launched the DriveBC website in 2005.
- DriveBC receives an average of 2.9 million visits per month.
- See DriveBC's webcam images at: www.drivebc.ca
- Follow the work of the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure online at: www.tranbc.ca
Government Communications and Public Engagement
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure