As of Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 80.1% (3,711,930) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 55.6% (2,577,909) have received their second dose.
In addition, 81.1% (3,507,707) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 59.0% (2,552,325) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 78 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,641 cases in the province.
There are currently 729 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,142 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 48 individuals are currently in hospital and 16 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 21 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 198
- 23 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 255
- 31 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 222
- one new case in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 30
- two new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 18
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: six
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,763.
Currently, there are two active outbreaks in:
- acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health)
- assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 6,297,149 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Detailed data is posted daily on the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary:
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures