As of Thursday, Nov. 18, 2021, 90.8% (4,207,832) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87% (4,030,851) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.2% (3,944,285) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.5% (3,785,454) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 468 new cases of COVID-19, including five epi-linked cases, for a total of 214,150 cases in the province.
There are 3,345 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 208,284 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 355 individuals are currently in hospital and 110 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 173 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 1,220
- 69 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 505
- 85 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 612
- 68 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 489
- 72 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 460
- one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 59
In the last 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,290.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Interior Health: one
- Northern Health: two
- Island Health: one
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak in the rehabilitation unit at Queen's Park Care Centre has been declared over, for a total of 21 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
- Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
- Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
- acute care:
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Burnaby Hospital, Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health);
- Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health).
- assisted or independent living:
- Harrison Pointe, The Cedars and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
From Nov. 10-16, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 60.4% of cases.
From Nov. 3-16, they accounted for 70.3% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 10-16) – Total 2,897
- Not vaccinated: 1,612 (55.6%)
- Partially vaccinated: 139 (4.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,146 (39.6%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 3-16) – Total 340
- Not vaccinated: 210 (61.8%)
- Partially vaccinated: 29 (8.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 101 (29.7%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 10-16)
- Not vaccinated: 205.9
- Partially vaccinated: 59.4
- Fully vaccinated: 26.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 3-16)
- Not vaccinated: 43.7
- Partially vaccinated: 17.8
- Fully vaccinated: 2.2
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,488,846 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit:
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit:
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) weekly data summary:
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures