As of Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022, 89.4% (4,455,046) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.5% (4,161,148) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.5% (4,286,419) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.8% (4,160,597) have received their second dose and 36.7% (1,700,206) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.8% (4,015,411) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.2% (3,902,659) have received their second dose and 39.3% (1,698,882) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 2,150 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 305,715 cases in the province.
There are 34,835 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 265,765 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 891 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 119 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 576 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 16,516
- 454 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 8,553
- 563 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 6,067
- 203 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,582
- 354 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 2,104
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 13
In the past 24 hours, 15 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,520.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Vancouver Coastal Health: four
- Interior Health: two
- Island Health: four
There have been eight new health-care facility outbreaks at Queen's Park Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, Bevan Lodge (Fraser Health), Westview Place (Interior Health), Fir Park Village, The Summit and Parkwood Court (Island Health). The outbreaks at Kinsmen Lodge, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Amica White Rock, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Maple Ridge Seniors Village and Kiwanis Care Centre (Fraser Health) have been declared over, for a total of 58 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, George Derby Centre, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Morgan Place, Mayfair Senior Living + Care, MSA Manor, Menno Hospital, Buchanan Lodge, St. Michael’s Centre, Eden Care Centre, Lakeshore Care Centre, Baillie House, Bevan Lodge (Fraser Health);
- Kopernik Lodge, St. Vincent’s Langara (Vancouver Coastal Health);
- Sun Pointe Village, Lakeview Lodge, Hamlets in Vernon, Brocklehurst Gemstone, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place (Interior Health);
- Amica Douglas House, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital - long-term care, Oyster Harbour, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, The Heights at Mt. View, Luther Court, Veterans Memorial Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Sidney Care Home, Eagle Ridge Manor, Sidney All Care, Sunrise of Victoria, Comox Valley Seniors Village, Fir Park Village, The Summit and Parkwood Court (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital, CareLife Fleetwood, Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health);
- Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health); and
- Royal Jubilee Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health)
From Jan. 12-18, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 27.0% of cases.
From Jan. 5-18, they accounted for 31.0% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 12-18) - Total 14,677
- Not vaccinated: 3,264 (22.2%)
- Partially vaccinated: 703 (4.8%)
- Fully vaccinated: 10,710 (73.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 5-18) - Total 1,112
- Not vaccinated: 290 (26.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 55 (4.9%)
- Fully vaccinated: 767 (69.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 12-18)
- Not vaccinated: 420.1
- Partially vaccinated: 191.4
- Fully vaccinated: 302.3
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 5-18)
- Not vaccinated: 72.1
- Partially vaccinated: 44.5
- Fully vaccinated: 16.5
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,276,540 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Jan. 14, 2022, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/14.01.22_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For weekly update on Variants of Concern (VOC), visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220114.pdf
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For the Dec. 21, 2021, announcement on additional COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0234-002431
For the Dec. 21, 2021, PowerPoint presentation on COVID-19 updated measures, boosters and rapid antigen testing in B.C., visit:
For the Dec. 17, 2021, announcement on new COVID-19 measures, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0230-002414
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children aged 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/health-and-wellness/disease-outbreaks/covid-19/public-exposures
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures