As of Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2022, 90.3% (4,499,531) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.7% (4,221,630) have received their second dose.
In addition, 93% (4,311,850) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.4% (4,188,096) received their second dose and 50.2% (2,327,036) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.4% (4,038,891) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90.8% (3,927,833) received their second dose and 53.3% (2,304,735) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 1,117 new cases of COVID-19, including five new epi-linked cases, for a total of 335,042 cases in the province.
There are 24,372 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 306,888 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 986 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 146 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 189 new cases in Fraser Health
- Total active cases: 9,711
- 180 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
- Total active cases: 4,355
- 376 new cases in Interior Health
- Total active cases: 7,844
- 192 new cases in Northern Health
- Total active cases: 1,105
- 175 new cases in Island Health
- Total active cases: 1,338
- five new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
- Total active cases: 19
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,707.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Rest Haven Lodge (Island Health). The outbreaks at Langley Memorial Hospital, Cascade Lodge (Fraser Health) and Beacon Hill Villa (Island Health) have been declared over, for a total of 55 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- George Derby Centre, Mountain View Manor, Queen's Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor, Residence at Clayton Heights, Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre (Fraser Health)
- Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
- Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Monashee Mews, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Gillis House, Pondarosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care, Spring Valley Care Centre, Village by the Station (Interior Health)
- Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Dufferin Place, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Echo Village, Arrowsmith Lodge, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens, Berwick on The Lake, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Island View Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge and Rest Haven Lodge (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Queen's Park Care Centre (Fraser Health)
- Victoria General Hospital, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital and Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Creekside Landing (Interior Health); and
- Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)
From Jan. 31 to Feb. 6, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 23.9% of cases.
From Jan. 24 to Feb. 6, they accounted for 31.3% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 31 to Feb. 6) - Total 9,098
- Not vaccinated: 1,767 (19.4%)
- Partially vaccinated: 408 (4.5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 6,923 (76.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 24 to Feb. 6) - Total 1,091
- Not vaccinated: 287 (26.3%)
- Partially vaccinated: 54 (5%)
- Fully vaccinated: 750 (68.7%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 31 to Feb. 6)
- Not vaccinated: 375.7
- Partially vaccinated: 138.2
- Fully vaccinated: 177.2
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 24 to Feb. 6)
- Not vaccinated: 77.1
- Partially vaccinated: 44.3
- Fully vaccinated: 16.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,993,192 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For updated long-term care outbreak management protocols, visit:
For updated acute-care outbreak management protocols, visit:
For the Feb. 1, 2022, presentation on hospitalizations: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/Feb_1_2022_Slidedeck.pdf
For information on when to get a COVID-19 test: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/when-to-get-a-covid-19-test
For information on COVID-19 treatments including Paxlovid: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/treatments
For the Jan. 28, 2022, presentation, Two Years of Working Together, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/1-28-22_COVID-19_Update.pdf
For the Jan. 21, 2022, presentation on COVID-19 hospitalization risk, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/1.21.22_COVID_Hospitalizations.pdf
For the Jan. 14, 2022, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/14.01.22_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For weekly update on Variants of Concern (VOC), visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/VoC/VoC_Weekly_20220204.pdf
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children aged 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
- Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Interior Health: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/health-and-wellness/disease-outbreaks/covid-19/public-exposures
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/data-outbreaks-facilities
- Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
- Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures