As of Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2022, 90.5% (4,512,730) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 85.9% (4,282,333) have received their second dose.
In addition, 93.2% (4,319,917) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.6% (4,200,404) received their second dose and 54.9% (2,542,724) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.5% (4,046,012) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.1% (3,938,486) received their second dose and 57.0% (2,465,130) have received a third dose.
Over a four-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,103 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 345,734 cases in the province:
- Feb. 18-19: 631 new cases
- Feb. 19-20: 571 new cases
- Feb. 20-21: 424 new cases
- Feb. 21-22: 477 new cases
Note: The numbers of new and total cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh.
The new cases include:
- Fraser Health: 615
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 326
- Interior Health: 610
- Northern Health: 215
- Island Health: 337
- People who reside outside of Canada: zero
There are 688 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 108 are in intensive care.
In the past 96 hours, 44 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,830.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: 11
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 17
- Interior Health: seven
- Northern Health: four
- Island Health: five
There have been four new health-care facility outbreaks at Hillside Village, Polson Long Term Care, Mission Creek Landing and Williams Lake Seniors Village (Interior Health). The outbreaks at Mountainview Village, Noric House, Poplar Ridge, Pinegrove Care Centre (Interior Health), Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens and Berwick on The Lake (Island Health) have been declared over, for a total of 31 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- long-term care:
- Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, Menno Home (Fraser Health)
- Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Ponderosa, Castleview Care Centre, Overlander Residential Care, Three Links Manor, Hillside Village, Polson Long Term Care, Mission Creek Landing (Interior Health)
- Wexford Creek, Sidney Care Home, Eden Gardens, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, Sunset Lodge, Amica on the Gorge, Chemainus Health Care Centre, Selkirk Seniors Village, Sunridge Place, Nanaimo Seniors Village, Sluggett House, Glacier View Lodge, Rest Haven Lodge, Sidney All Care and The Heights at Mt. View (Island Health)
- acute care:
- Burnaby Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health); and
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
- assisted or independent living:
- Williams Lake Seniors Village (Interior Health)
From Feb. 11-17, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 21.4% of cases.
From Feb. 4-17, they accounted for 32.0% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Feb. 11-17) - Total 4,945
- Not vaccinated: 891 (18.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 169 (3.4%)
- Fully vaccinated: 3,885 (78.6%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Feb. 4-17) - Total 802
- Not vaccinated: 225 (28.0%)
- Partially vaccinated: 32 (4.0%)
- Fully vaccinated: 545 (68.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Feb. 11-17)
- Not vaccinated: 220.0
- Partially vaccinated: 77.9
- Fully vaccinated: 85.3
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Feb. 4-17)
- Not vaccinated: 61.8
- Partially vaccinated: 28.3
- Fully vaccinated: 11.6
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 11,281,350 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Feb. 15, 2022, presentation, Ensuring balance in easing restrictions, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/Feb_15_2022_Easing_Restrictions.pdf
For information on when to get a COVID-19 test: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/testing/when-to-get-a-covid-19-test
For information on COVID-19 treatments, including Paxlovid: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/treatments
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/ or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.