AgriService BC connects farmers, food processors and new entrants to agriculture, to the services, programs and information that the B.C. government offers to help them succeed.
AgriService BC can help, if you:
- Are new to farming or agrifoods, and want to learn about business planning and starting an agrifoods operation in British Columbia.
- Would like specialized business planning and financial-analysis services.
- Would like to know how to access funding for research and pilot projects on innovative products, technology and practices.
- Would like information about available funding to participate in international market development research and activities.
- Would like to find out how to complete an agri-environmental risk assessment, and learn more about financial incentives to implement actions identified in on-farm environmental action plans.
- Are an Indigenous community interested in accessing agricultural opportunities, assessments and business planning services.
- Would like information on funding to implement food-safety and traceability practices.
- Would like to find out more about what types of agriculture-related insurance, and business risk-management products, are offered by the Government of British Columbia.
- Would like information on the types of soils and growing conditions in eight B.C. regions.
- Would like information or access to resources and specialists related to B.C.’s diverse agrifoods sector.
- AgriService BC staff will either provide the requested information, or arrange for contact with the appropriate expert. AgriService BC is available: