South island residents will now find it even easier to access government services with the official opening of a brand-new FrontCounter BC office in Port Alberni.
FrontCounter BC is a single window service for clients of the natural resource sector. FrontCounter BC was created in 2005 with eight locations, a dedicated call centre and online applications.
This year, FrontCounter BC is expanding to more locations across B.C. Today's opening in Port Alberni is a key part of the Province's new integrated approach to the natural resource sector.
FrontCounter BC, 4885 Cherry Creek Road, Port Alberni: http://flic.kr/p/9U5uu7
- FrontCounter BC offers more than 130 natural resource-related permits and authorizations at each location.
- FrontCounter BC provides services on behalf of 16 additional partner agencies.
- Since January 1, 2005 over 38,000 authorizations have been processed.
- The FrontCounter BC call centre handles more than 21,400 inquiries annually.
- In 2010 FrontCounter BC ranked third nationally in client satisfaction for all government services.
Watch this short video on FrontCounter BC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjFrUY7zbQU
Find a FrontCounter near you: http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/contact/locations.html
FrontCounter BC: http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations: http://www.gov.bc.ca/for/index.html
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations