Sicamous: BC Housing - Rapid Damage Assessment
- A five-person Rapid Damage Assessment (RDA) team (one manager and two, 2-person damage assessment teams) has arrived in Sicamous and is working directly with the emergency operations centre.
- Red Cross volunteers have joined the RDA to assess needs and supply impacted residents with information.
- Columbia-Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) and BC Housing are working together to train CSRD staff and develop damage assessment capacity in the Regional District.
Sicamous: Resilience Centre
- Red Cross has set up a Resilience Centre and is managing it on behalf of the local authority.
- Resilience Centre co-located with Emergency Social Services' volunteers at the Reception Centre to allow for a seamless transition from response to recovery.
- Resilience Centre will be open for two weeks with initial hours of operation being daily from 8:30a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Additional partners: Disaster Psychosocial Services (DPS), Health Authority (water issues), Disaster Financial Assistance, the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure mapping to be posted.
- As recovery proceeds Integrated Disaster Council of B.C. will engage Mennonite Disaster Services and other humanitarian agencies as required.
Government Communications and Public Engagement
Ministry of Justice