Businesses in New Westminster that want to learn about returning to PST are invited to take part in a seminar on Friday, March 1, 2013.
Held in partnership with the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, this seminar will cover the general principles of the PST and the new eTaxBC online business registration service.
Seminars are being held in over 40 B.C. communities. An interactive map with locations and other details can be viewed at: http://goo.gl/maps/vy08w Please check with your local chamber of commerce for further details.
Government is partnering with chambers of commerce across B.C. to ensure businesses have the support they need to make a smooth transition back to the PST on April 1, 2013.
Additional tools and services available to help businesses prepare for the re-implementation of the PST include:
- One-on-one consultations with a government tax specialist.
- Online webinars covering the general principles of the PST and eTaxBC.
- PST bulletins and notices.
- Returning to the PST - An Overview for Business
- PST in B.C. Online Registration
- Businesses with questions about the PST can call our toll-free help line - 1 877 388-4440 or email questions to: CTBTaxQuestions@gov.bc.ca
- Final legislative amendments required for the re-implementation of the PST on April. 1, 2013, have been introduced subject to approval of the legislature.
- Businesses that sell or lease taxable goods, or sell software or taxable services in B.C., are now able to register to collect the tax.
- Businesses can register three ways:
- Online - go to: www.gov.bc.ca/etaxbc/register
- In person - go to the nearest Service BC Centre. See locations at: www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ - or visit our office at 1802 Douglas St. in Victoria.
- By mail or fax - complete the Application for Registration for Provincial Sales Tax (FIN 418) found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst (Go to Forms and Publications.)
- A new PST number will be assigned once the business registration application is processed.
Learn more about the services available to businesses to support the transition to PST: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
Find a seminar near you using the PST Outreach Map: http://goo.gl/maps/vy08w
View and track the progress of the final legislative amendments for the return of the PST (Bill 2) at: www.leg.bc.ca/39th5th/votes/progress-of-bills.htm
More information on the return to PST and links to publications, tools and services can be found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst
Ministry of Finance