Businesses in Dawson Creek and Valemount that want to learn about returning to PST can take part in seminars on Tuesday, March 26, 2013. Businesses that are required to collect PST must register by April 1, 2013.
Held in partnership with local chambers of commerce, these seminars will cover the general principles of the PST and the new eTaxBC online business registration service.
Seminars have been held in over 40 B.C. communities between Jan. 14, 2013, and March 27, 2013. An interactive map with locations and other details can be viewed at: http://goo.gl/maps/vy08w
Please check with your local chamber of commerce for further details.
If you are unable to attend the seminar, you can register for one of the upcoming webinars that will run throughout April.
Government is partnering with chambers of commerce throughout B.C. to ensure businesses have the support they need to make a smooth transition back to the PST on April 1, 2013.
Additional tools and services available to help businesses prepare for the re-implementation of the PST include:
- One-on-one consultations with a government tax specialist.
- PST bulletins and notices.
- Videos online:
- Returning to the PST - An Overview for Business
- PST in B.C. Online Registration
- Businesses with questions about the PST can call our toll-free help line - 1 877 388-4440 or email questions to: CTBTaxQuestions@gov.bc.ca
- Final regulations and legislation to re-implement the PST on April. 1, 2013, are now available.
- Businesses that sell or lease taxable goods, or sell software or taxable services in B.C. must register to obtain a new PST number, even if they have an old PST number.
- Businesses can register three ways:
- Online - go to: www.gov.bc.ca/etaxbc/register
- In person - go to the nearest Service BC Centre. See locations at: www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ - or visit our office at 1802 Douglas St. in Victoria.
- By mail or fax - complete the Application for Registration for Provincial Sales Tax (FIN 418) found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst (Go to Forms and Publications.)
- A new PST number will be assigned once the business registration application is processed.
Learn more about the services available to businesses to support the transition to PST: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
Find a seminar near you using the PST Outreach Map: http://goo.gl/maps/vy08w
Register for the next webinar by completing the online registration form: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
The following documents are now available at http://www.gov.bc.ca/pst:
- An unofficial consolidation of the Provincial Sales Tax Act prepared on Feb. 28, 2013.
- PST regulations approved and ordered effective Feb. 28, 2013.
- An unofficial consolidation of the Motor Fuel Tax Act prepared on Feb. 28, 2013.
- An unofficial consolidation of the New Housing Transition tax and Rebate Act prepared on Feb. 28, 2013.
Ministry of Finance