British Columbians are reminded of upcoming dates for applications to the BC Arts Council for grants for professional project assistance in the areas of music, dance, theatre, literary arts, and training.
Project grants totalling more than $800,000 are available and include the following:
- Professional Project Assistance Program - applications can now be made to support a professional music, dance, theatre, literary arts event or activity, or projects of professional training organizations. The maximum grant available is 50 per cent of the total project budget. Applications close on April 15, 2014. Professional Project Assistance is available for the following:
- Arts Periodicals
- Professional Arts Training
- Professional Performing Arts - Dance
- Professional Performing Arts - Music
- Professional Performing Arts - Theatre
- Professional Literary
For more information visit: http://www.bcartscouncil.ca/deadlines_date.html
The BC Arts Council is the B.C. government’s lead agency for arts funding and development in British Columbia. All grants through the BC Arts Council are awarded through a peer assessment process that relies on the knowledge and expertise of British Columbia’s talented arts and culture community. Again this year, the B.C. government is providing $24 million for the BCAC - the highest level of funding in BCAC’s history. Overall, government is investing $60 million in British Columbia’s artists, arts organizations and cultural institutions in 2014-15.
Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development