With the long weekend approaching, members of the public are advised that the following rules under the Forest and Range Practices Act are in place for Buckhorn Lake, Ste. Marie Lake, Ste. Marie Lake-East, Francis Lake, Chubb Lake and Great Beaver Lake Recreation Sites:
- It is illegal to cause a deliberate or unnecessary disturbance at any time of day.
- Camping is only allowed in established campsites.
- Campers are only are allowed to occupy one campsite and must not leave any personal belonging in a campsite other than the one they are occupying.
- Total occupancy must not exceed 10 people and a maximum of two vehicles per campsite.
- The operation or use of motorcycles, ATVs and personal watercraft is prohibited.
- Anyone evicted from a recreation site by a recreation officer or peace officer must not re-enter or attempt to re-enter the site for 72 hours.
Violations of these rules may result in fines of up to $2,000.
Public Affairs Officer
Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations