Businesses that want to learn more about the Provincial Sales Tax (PST) can join an interactive webinar offered by the provincial government on Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2015, Minister of State for Tourism and Small Business Naomi Yamamoto announced today.
Space is limited, so businesses that want to participate in the webinar on Feb. 18, 2015, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., must sign up online by Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2015.
The interactive webinars provide information on general PST application, registration and the online services option, eTaxBC, followed by a question and answer session.
Registration for the webinar and information is available at: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
The next webinars are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, Feb. 18, 2015, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Government is reaching out to businesses throughout B.C. to ensure they have the information they need in relation to the PST. Additional tools and services available to help businesses include:
- PST bulletins and notices - including the publications: Registering to Collect PST, Charging, Collecting and Remitting PST and Small Business Guide to PST.
- Videos online at www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach:
- PST Online Registration
- File and Pay PST
- eTaxBC for Third Party Tax Preparers
- Businesses with questions regarding the PST can call the toll-free helpline 1 877 388-4440 or email questions to: CTBTaxQuestions@gov.bc.ca
- Over 390 registrants have participated in PST webinars since they began in April 2013.
- Businesses that sell or lease taxable goods, or sell software or taxable services in B.C. must register to obtain a PST number.
- In B.C., 98% of businesses are small businesses, employing more than 1,032,900 people in the province in 2013.
- Businesses can register to collect PST three ways:
- Online - go to: www.gov.bc.ca/etaxbc/register
- In person - go to the nearest Service BC Centre. See locations at: www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ - or visit the Service BC office at 1802 Douglas St. in Victoria.
- By mail or fax - complete the Application for Registration for Provincial Sales Tax (FIN 418) found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst (Go to Forms).
- A PST number will be assigned once the business registration application is processed.
Register for future webinars by completing the online registration form found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
View the presentation from previous webinar sessions: www.gov.bc.ca/pstoutreach
Government Communications and Public Engagement
Ministry of Finance