After more than 700 people turned out for previous sessions, four new information sessions have been added to the roster this March - helping interested applicants prepare to apply for jobs at the Okanagan Correctional Centre.
With construction on the new Okanagan Correctional Centre slated to be complete in 2016, creating more than 240 full-time correctional officer positions in the area, these sessions will help people get ready for the next steps in the process.
Hosted in Kelowna and Oliver, the free sessions include information about corrections and the justice system, the roles and duties of a correctional officer and the unique needs of the offender population, along with information on preparing to apply for jobs.
Throughout March 2015, BC Corrections, in partnership with the Justice Institute of BC, will host full-day readiness sessions as follows:
- March 14 S. Okanagan Secondary school, 6140 Gala St. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- March 15 S. Okanagan Secondary school, 6140 Gala St. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- March 21 Justice Institute, 825 Walrod St. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- March 22 Justice Institute, 825 Walrod St. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Those interested in attending can call 604 462-5170, or register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with REGISTER in the subject line. Please include first- and second-session choices and contact information in the body of the email.
View the Okanagan Correctional Centre information session poster: http://ow.ly/Jd9uM
- The Okanagan Correctional Centre - a 378-cell, high-security facility - will be located on a 14.5-hectare (36-acre site) in the Osoyoos Indian Band’s Senkulmen Business Park, seven kilometres north of Oliver on Highway 97.
- More than 240 full-time correctional officer jobs will be opening up in the region for both experienced officers and new recruits.
BC Corrections: www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/corrections
The Justice Institute of BC: www.jibc.ca
Ministry of Justice
Government Communications and Public Engagement