BC Liquor Stores is holding its annual Bordeaux release on Oct. 14, featuring the 2014 vintage, which many are calling the best since 2010.
Wine lovers and avid collectors throughout the province are again expected to line up to buy some of the rarest wines of the year.
Thirteen Signature BC Liquor Stores, from Vancouver to Victoria to Prince George, are participating in this release. A variety of quality wines will be available at varying price points, ranging from $29 to $3,000 per bottle.
Last year’s Bordeaux release sold about $1.9 million worth of wine in the first two days. This year’s release promises to be even more popular.
Selection will vary at each store and there will be bottle limits for some products. The flagship BC Liquor Store at 39th and Cambie in Vancouver will carry the complete collection of 2014 Bordeaux, while the Richmond Brighouse, Alberni and Bute, and Park Royal locations will carry an extensive selection.
Barbara Philip, category manager, BC Liquor Stores –
“I encourage everyone to visit our website to see which wines in the Bordeaux collection are available and start planning their shopping strategy. This is one of the biggest events of the year for wine lovers and I again expect them to start lining up early to get the best selection.
“It is the best vintage since 2010, so there is a lot to like. Compared to last year’s Bordeaux release, this year’s offering is a stronger vintage with riper fruit. We have also purchased more to provide a larger variety for our customers.”
Facts and Figures:
- More than 3,000 cases of Bordeaux are available in this year’s release.
- There are 120 wines available, ranging from $29 to $3,000.
- The most expensive wine is the Château Pétrus, Pomerol, for $3,000 (only 42 bottles available in British Columbia).
- Last year, about $1.9 million worth of Bordeaux was sold in the first two days of the release.
- There are 13 BC Liquor Stores participating in Bordeaux release:
- Lower Mainland
- 39th and Cambie (Vancouver)
- Alberni and Bute (downtown Vancouver)
- Park Royal (West Vancouver)
- Richmond Brighouse
- Dunbar (Vancouver)
- Westwood Centre (Port Coquitlam)
- SOLO (Burnaby)
- Peninsula Village (Surrey)
- Outside the Lower Mainland
- Fort Street (Victoria)
- Kamloops Columbia Place
- Kelowna Orchard Park
- Prince George Pine Centre
- Lower Mainland
BC Liquor Stores website: www.bcliquorstores.com
BC Liquor Stores Bordeaux brochure can be found at: http://www.bcliquorstores.com/promotion/bordeaux-2014-release