To the Ministry of Health:
1. To provide adequate funding to the Integrated Mobile Crisis Response team program to be able to provide services 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
To the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General:
2. To ensure that online retraining for Crisis Intervention De-escalation is refreshed with new and relevant scenarios every 2 years.
3. To consider a worn (bodycam style) automatic audio and/or audio visual (gps and timestamp) device to assist and supplement the review of radio and/or cell phone records of events.
To the Ministry of Children and Familiy Development:
4. To have fully supported transition (Multi-discipinary/Collaborative) plans from child, to youth, to young adult, to 19 plus.
5. To ensure the Young Adult Program adds a Life Skill Options component to its program with an option to renew every three months up to age 25.
6. To maintain continuation of same support workers as a child ages.
To the South Island Police Departments:
7. All members to be made aware of and encouraged to participate in care services after a critical incident.
To Prime BC and Integrated Mobile Crisis Response Team:
8. That an MOU be entered into by both agencies so a record of attendance at a residence, and /or complainant, by the Integrated Mobile Crisis Response team is noted and "Flagged" in Prime.
To Police Chiefs of Southern Vancouver Island and the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health):
9. To require that after a defined number of multiple crises calls to police from a single source are received, the following will occur (a) an early intervention from appropriate Ministries is initiated and (b) a collaborative safety plan is created.
To the Independent Investigations office and the BC Association of Police Chiefs:
10. Consider amending the MOU between the agencies to ensure that police officers can debrief in a timely manner.
To Prime BC and the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Children and Family Development:
11. To enter into an MOU to provide access to information between all three agencies.
To the Legal Aid Society of BC:
12. To provide a fee category for legal representation at a Coroners Inquest for the family of the deceased person.